Well, it's been three weeks now, and I think I'm getting the hang of having baby Joshua around (for the most part). Yes, there are times that I throw tantrums and want to be held, but, for the most part, I've adjusted quite well (if I do say so myself)!
Since Mommy is home on Maternity Leave, she really gets to see how much I've grown over the past few months. I'm truly great at entertaining myself. I really love stickers, too:
 |
| I choose matching stickers and create a pattern on each of my arms. You'll also notice my "Batman" socks! Every time I wear them, Daddy sings the theme and when it gets to the part where we sing "Batman," I chime in! It's great fun!! |
Joshua Aaron had his second doctor's appointment. He weighed in at 8 lbs 7 oz and grew an entire inch (now totaling 20)! He is growing and doing what he's supposed to: eating, sleeping, and pooping.
 |
| Even Daddy joined for the Dr. Appt! |
One of my favorite things to do is "hold Joshua." I'm not holding him in this shot, but Mommy is holding both of her boys!
Many times, while Mommy is feeding Josh, I'll hang out in his room and "entertain" myself. I've gotten really good at sorting through all of his socks (located conveniently in the bottom drawer).
 |
| I made a nice little bench out of the diapers box, as I sorted through Josh's sock drawer. |
 |
| While I'm hard at work, that little baby sleeps! The nerve!!! |
|
|
|
This past weekend, Zaide came for a visit. He brought a fresh Coconut with him! (The last time he brought one, it was a bit rancid, so I didn't enjoy it....but, this time it was delicious)! I still ask for some "Co-co-nowck"!
All while...you guessed it...baby Josh sleeps!
Although, sometimes he opens his eyes for a few:
Bubby visited on Monday and she really got to see Josh wide awake in the afternoon:

Of course, once the eyes are open...every one wants to grab hold:
 |
| One happy Bubby! |
 |
| Cherry is loving having the new baby around, too! |
But, all of that alertness leads to....you guessed it....drowsiness:
But sometimes a sleepy baby is the best time to hold and cuddle them:
Of course, being the good older brother that I am...I even allow Josh to share story time with me:
Again, while Josh was eating (did I mention he eats...a lot!...almost as much as he sleeps), I was busy taking care of my stuffed animals and putting them safely in Josh's car seat, bouncer, and lining them up on the floor for some cuddle time:
 |
| Taking care of Mikey and friends, while hanging out with Mom and Josh. |
 |
| Getting my dolls lined up for "nap time." |
 |
| I even gave each one a hug before their rest. |
Having Mom around has allowed me to try out some more arts and crafts during the day:
 |
| Here I am happily putting the cap on each of my markers after I completed my master art piece! |
 |
| All while Josh....napped! |
I also got to spend some time in the backyard with Mommy:
 |
| Checking the sky for all things that fly! |
 |
| There's an airplane! | |
 |
| When we got back inside, I really wanted to hold Josh...but he was asleep, so I just waited, with the Boppy Pillow, for him to wake up! |
Since I was on an "Art Kick" I headed over to Grandma's house for my first lesson in weaving (Special thanks to Grandma for hosting us at "Grandma's Restaurant." Mom loves not cooking, I love spending time at Grandma and Papa's house....and I've had great fun in our double stroller while Mom walks us over for dinner):
 |
| Grandma showed me what to do... |
 |
| ...and I got to work! |
 |
| It was SO much fun!! |
 |
| All while Josh napped! |
Speaking of great artwork, check out the shirts Grandma made for me and Josh:
 |
| "I'm the Big Brother - Derek" |
 |
| "I'm the Little Brother - Joshua" |
 |
| Don't cry baby Josh! |
 |
| Boppy Time! |
That afternoon I was SO tired. I went down for a nap, and after a little bit of time had passed, the doorbell rang (there went my nice long afternoon nap). Mom tried to convince me to take a "little" nap on the couch:
 |
| Wishful thinking, Ma! (It lasted for about 2 minutes). |
Today, Grandma dropped by for a quick second, and we all got to hold 3 week old Joshua:
Until next time, Josh says....well, nothing at all....mostly because
HE'S ASLEEP!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment