Thursday, November 29, 2012

2 weeks of fun!



That's right...believe it or not, my brother Joshua Aaron is officially two weeks old!

Stretching outside of the womb never gets old!
Keeping his eyes open...however, is still hard to do!


I love holding my baby brother.
Because of his arrival around the holidays, I was able to spend a lot of time with family and friends that traveled to South Florida for some time.

On Friday, we headed down to Bubby and Zaide's house to help cousin Laila celebrate her 3rd birthday:
This was my first car ride with my baby brother!  It sure was fun!

Here, Cousin Laila, Happy Birthday!
 That night, we celebrated Shabbat together, too:

First we did the prayer for the candles (and I knew to cover my eyes immediately).

Then there was the prayer for the wine (I had water instead).

And, finally, my favorite - the prayer for the Challah!

Uncle Rabbi Ari even helped my parents bless both Joshua and Me!

After dinner, Laila and I played sweetly together with Uncle Ari's old matchbox cars!
After dinner we got to eat cake and watch Laila open a ton of birthday presents!  It was a lot of fun and so great to be able to celebrate all together:
I could hardly wait to get a taste of Laila's birthday cake!

It was deeeeeelicious!

And SO much fun to share eating time with my cousin!

I had to call everyone I know to spread the word that Laila should have all of her birthday wishes come true!
Then it was time to say good-bye to my Godfathers, Aaron and Eric (since they were leaving at 4 in the morning):
Aaron and Baby J
Eric is such a fun tickler!

On Saturday, we headed down to Hollywood, again.  But, this time, a group of us traveled south to Miami Seaquarium:
Group shot at the Miami Seaquarium
We used the buddy system while in the park.
And who wouldn't want to have a 3 buddy group?!
 




Wow, do you see that?
 
Getting psyched for the UF v FSU game later that day!

If you're not a Gator, you're Gator bait!!!




Checking out the "touch me" tank!





Zaide and I watch the show below!
Do you see that?

Sitting in the splash zone!

Staying strong...even as we visit the park through our nap times!

What was your favorite part of the show?

Even Uncle Alex joined to get a better view!

SO many dolphins!

I think I see Sponge-Bob!
After the Seaquarium, we headed back to Hollywood for Silver Saturday (where Bauby M and Zaide Shelly picked some very special silver for us to inherit at our weddings)!  Of course, the Wilens decided to crash the party:


Family "Gator" Shot before the big game!


I love my brother, Joshua.
This piece is for me...when I get married!

This piece is for Joshua!


Barry Wilen is like the baby whisperer...we all love him SO much!
 Of course, all of the activities from the day allowed us to enjoy one big family dinner together:

Yummy....Disalvo's!
Since I took a bath at Bubby and Zaide's and didn't have PJs with me...I wore Uncle Ari's old shirt!
The next day, we stayed up in Boca and spent time with Safta!


My friend, Carmen, got me this awesome shirt, "Pick Me Up, I Dig Older Chicks"


Playing with Safta


One last visit with Zaidy Shelly and Bauby M before their road trip back to Chicago.

That night, Aunt Susie and Roberto had us over for a BBQ:

Playing in "the pit"

Hanging out with "the boys"

Thanks, Aunt Suzie...it was great!
Joshua has grown a lot over the past two weeks (we'll see exactly how much when he visits the Doctor's office tomorrow), but he sure has slept a lot:

I sure do love holding my brother!


Safta is a great story-teller!

But, Grandma's not bad herself!

Good night kisses!

Trying to stay up and alert!

The proud Great Grandmother!

Daddy told Mom he had to keep Joshua up so that she could get some extra sleep at night...she showered and came back out...and found them BOTH asleep!  So much for that plan!
I can't get enough of the smiley-face balloon.

More of me holding Josh!

Mommy decided to take us on a walk to Grandma and Papa's house in our new double stroller:
Here's Josh's view

Here's my view!


And off we go!
A few last shots of the week:
Hello friends!

Derek and Josh

Getting down to "his level."

Tickling Baby Josh's head.

I'm getting much better at holding my bro.





















Today I worked on marking up the adds for holiday shopping.
We also had Mommy's friend, Stacey, stop by for a visit!
Fun with Mr. Potato Head!

Stacey gets some Barbag Boy Loving!

It was SO much fun!!!

But it sure wore out Baby Josh!


1 comment:

  1. So cute!! I love all the pictures and the family Gator picture is awesome! Congrats on your two handsome boys!!

    ReplyDelete