Monday, November 26, 2012

SO many carvings!

WARNING: This post will be long...catching up on a week's worth of newborn baby "stuff!"

Well, my baby brother Joshua is now over a week old!  We had family members in from all over the world visiting and celebrating with us.  We even had two carvings in one day:  the bris in the morning (with 80+ people), and a Thanksgiving Feast that evening (with 38 people)!

I know my parents were exhausted, but they certainly could not have done it without help from Grandma Candy, Grandma Mildred, Bubby Linda, Bauby Marcia, Bubbie Zita, and Aunt Susie -- and, their posse of helpers: Auntie Karen, Karen Wright, and Zaide Mike!  It was definitely a team effort and my parents are so very thankful to have had their help!

As you can see, we have had relatives visiting from all over the world.  I even had a special visit with my Godfathers - Aaron and Eric!

But, before I go to much further...let me back track to the day Baby Joshua arrived (I have yet to update any of you on the events of the past week in detail)!  So, here goes nothing:

One last belly shot before heading out to the hospital at 5:30 a.m.

Getting ready for the baby to arrive.

Daddy is prepped and wearing his SUPER BIG pants!






















And then my baby brother arrived....

Welcome to the light, Joshua Aaron.

Proud Daddy with the Grandmas (and Great) looking on.

Showing off the "new goods."

Reunited and it feels so good!

Such a sweet package.

Little bundle of joy.

My parents with the new baby...before I got to meet him.
After a little bit, the family members began to arrive and they played "pass the baby:"

Grandma Candy
Bubby Linda

Uncle Keith (visiting all the way from Israel)!

Great Bauby Marcia

Great Zaide Shelly sneaking a touch.

Happy Daddy.























































Joshua's first diaper change! (Daddy was much more confident with this change, than the first time he had to change me)!


Finally, later that day, I was able to meet my new little brother:
Happy Face! 


Mommy and her Boys!

Later that evening, there were even more visitors:
Zaide Mike

I had fun playing with everyone's visitor tags/stickers.

The second night, Bubby stayed with Mommy in the hospital, so Daddy could come home and I could sleep in my own bed!


Feed me, feeeeeeed me!


Smirk-smile.

Listening to my morning tunes.

A smile-face balloon.

Nothing like snoozing in your own bed!

This past Friday, at school, I was the Shabbat Abba!  I was able to bring in snack and share it with all of my classmates and I was able to have family join me!  Since Mommy and Daddy were in the hospital with Josh, and since a lot of my other family members were in town, I was able to have my Grandma, Bubby, Great Zaide Shelly, Great Bauby M, and Grandma Safta all join in the fun!

I really didn't know so many people were going to greet me at school.  I was walking down the hallway, holding on to my "rope" to keep the students in line, when all of the sudden I saw everyone.  I spoke, "Hi Bubby, Hi Grandma, Hi Safta, Hi Bauby M, Hi Zaide Shelly, Hi Cherry." and before I could handle it any longer, I dropped the rope and ran to greet everyone!
 

I spent services with Grandma, et. al.
Singing during services.




















I even got a fancy hat that said "Big Brother!"


Enjoying Shabbat with the Grandparents.

Finally, it was time for everyone to come home:

First ride in the car!

He didn't even make it to the car before falling asleep; amateur!



Welcome to your new home!
Finally in his bedroom.
                              


Josh's BIG crib.
Swaddled and ready to sleep!
              


Giving my brother a tour of his bedroom.

Getting a closer look.

"Such small ears!"

Dinner time!



All in the family!

Safta, Uncle Keith, and Joshua!

Safta's turn to hold the baby.
























Snuggling at bedtime with my new little brother!

Grandma just can't get enough!
Neither can Papa!

The next morning, I help Daddy figure out why baby Joshua is crying.

Turns out, Joshua just wants to be like me:

See what I mean?

Cool dude!



The rotating door of family and friends continues throughout the week:




No matter how many visitors...he just keeps sleeping!

Joshua and Safta.

Bauby and I.

The boys are setting up for the bris.



As soon as I finished my bath, I wanted to play with Josh.

Cuddle time with Daddy.

Such a cute little package.



















So restful being at home.

The best part about family and friends in town....lots of "fun" activities:
Cousin Laila and I got to nap at the same time, in the same room!

Aaron taught me all sorts of things!
Get it? Aaron! :)

Daddy got to cuddle with Baby Joshua.
Work hard and play hard!













The Doctors are in: Dr. Daddy Barbag and D. (Derek) R. (Ryan) Barbag
But, even with all of the company, I'm really enjoying being a big brother (for the most part): 
Whispering funny things into Josh's ear...

Giving soft pats on the head...

...and tickling his little toes.

 All of the cousins have done a great job of playing together.  We share our toys and our Bubbies and Zaides!
Laila and Joshua

Joshua...safe in Bubby's arms.

Bubby with all four of her grandkids!

Me, the big brother!

I love him!
Finally, we catch up to this past Thursday (the Bris and the Thanksgiving Feast):

Let the festivities begin!
Before the carving...
...After the carving.

Cousin Jamie kept me entertained!


Aunt Shana's turn holding Baby J!
Can you believe nobody fed me until about 4 in the afternoon?!  I woke up from my nap and realized I was so busy playing, I never ate!  Mommy and Daddy have never seen me eat food so fast in their lives!

Daddy and I playing out back with the dump truck.

"Awesome Big Brother"

With an Awesome Bubby "Regular"

That's right...I have my Bubby Linda, Zaide Mike, Bauby Marcia, Zaidy Shelly, Bubbie Zita, and Zaide Shermie (So, I renamed a few to make it easier: Bubby Regular and Zaide Mike are the "new" names)!
Bubby Regular shares an M & M with me!

Silly, Jamie, that's MY kippah!
 Here are some shots from the actual ceremony:
Uncle Keith handing Josh off to the Mohel.

Uncle Rabbi Ari helping out!























Mommy, Daddy, and I all blessing the new baby!

I did so well, the Mohel asked me to blow out the candles, too!

Baby "Meier Yoshua" presented!

All finished!
Uncle Ari read my Cousin Laila and me a story before we napped:




After we woke from our naps, it was time for Thanksgiving to begin!  Here are shots from that evening/the prep time in between the Bris (the 1st carving) and the Turkey (the 2nd carving):
We had 38 wonderful family and friends for dinner!
Plenty of yummy food for everyone!

Uncle Brian held Baby Joshua...

While Papa entertained me!


"Cheeeeeeeeeeese"
Here's a smile, rather than me saying, "Cheese."
Daddy practices his smiley face, too!

Letting the tryptophan coma ensue!

Cuddle time with Aunt Susie.

And, she just can't get enough! :)
All of the Parents, Grandparents, and Great-grandparents with Joshua Aaron and Derek Ryan - Thanksgiving 2012


So tired, but don't want to leave the party!

Aunt Shana and Uncle Brian with baby Joshua.

Saying good-bye...until the next visit!

One last snuggle with Zaide before he leaves!

Uh oh...Zaide feels some "Activity" down below!  Joshua gave him quite a run for his money....Zaide offered to change his diaper and Joshua proceeded to keep pooping during the change.  But, even more surprising was when Josh began peeing mid-change.  Zaide covered him up with his hands and said, "He's peeing!  I've got it!  Ohhhhh, it's warm.  Ewwww."  He loves him...I can tell!

Now for some comparative shots of my brother and me:
Derek - 2 weeks old
Joshua - 1 week old.   























Little Derek.



Little Joshua.






Derek - 1 week old.

Joshua - 1 week old.















There were SO many photos and videos from this past week, that I've limited what went on this post (and it's still this long).  So, stay tuned...there's lots more to come!  Welcome to the world, my little baby brother!  I LOVE YOU!




1 comment:

  1. When did you have the energy to put this together? Amazing! Best wishes.
    Oh..was "the carving" Thanksgiving or his ,,Bris?

    ReplyDelete