Well, I figure I might as well get one more post in before the year ends.
I have had so much fun these past two weeks. Mommy was home from work (yeah, winter break), and this past week Uncle Alex, Grandma Mildred, and the Sorensen Cousins were in town. We had fun playing all over town (the beach, the parks, the houses, the yards...). Check us out:
Swinging with Cousin Jacob
Interesting reads with Papa
Playing Ball with Grandma and Papa
Jacob liked the water, but it was too brisk for me...
So I stayed dry with Cousin Lisa!
Brave Boys
Helping the guys dig holes for their "burial."
Look, Uncle Alex, a Birdie!
Helping Mama bury David.
One Sorensen down, one to go!
Come on Mom, help me out here!
Now that they're buried, how about some football?
I was climbing all over David, without realizing he was underneath me...
...until he popped up and surprised me!!!
Grandma had fun watching all of us play
But I wore myself out, without even realizing it!
And when I'm tired, I get giggly!
Group shot!
I think I'd like to go now.
PLEASE!
Marty and Rhonda (Bubby and Zaide's good, good friends) came for a visit, too! We spent a lovely day together: playing, eating, and having fun!
Marty and Rhonda brought me this amazing puzzle with different textures all over it. I really enjoy it!
Coooookies
Here's Zaide introducing me to Marty
Side smiles
Tickle time!
Lunch with the Solomons
Then, it was time to celebrate Grandma's Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday Grandma! See, I'd even wear a goofy hat with you on your birthday!
Taking a lap with David
Grandma gave me a bath in the sink. On the way out, I grabbed a peach for dessert. So, do I need another bath now?
Menorah lighting and cake lighting!
Now that I have a tooth on top (to go with my two on the bottom), I was able to nibble on my very first sandwich (yes, it was just cheese...but a sandwich is a sandwich)!
Winter break is great....my Mommy has time to take me all over the place. I even got to see Mommy's college friend, Jessica, and her daughter Chelsea! We are only a few months apart and had a great time:
We played together....
we ate together....
and then I passed out as soon as I was in the car!
Then, we went back to my house for a night in with the Sorensen's. I also, finally, got to meet my Mommy's college roommate Erin -- but we didn't get a picture with her :(
Who needs little cut pieces when I can chew on the entire slice?!
But, I'm not tired...can't I play just a little longer?!
The next morning...Uncle Alex babysat me, while Mommy tutored and Daddy worked.
An entertaining breakfast with Uncle Alex...
He taught me an original score: "The Cheese Song" by Alex Barbag
Mommy and Daddy are always trying to teach me good things. One thing I've learned is that we can always do more to help others. Mommy decided to help support a co-worker who is battling breast cancer and donate her hair to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths Charity (in doing some research, Mom found that Locks for Love charges their recipients for their wigs....eek!) So, Pantene will soon receive 8 inches of Mommy's curls. Here are some before, during, and after shots:
Before
During
After!
Not too painful!
After Mom's cut, we went to the Scouris' for some family time (Mommy hasn't seen Eleni for a year -- she lives in Greece)!
Eleni giving me a tour of her Dad's garden!
Ohhhhh, look at the flowers, the trees, the butterflies!
I ate 2 of her Dad's fresh bananas! YUM!
All of the Scouris are quite entertaining! Can't wait to see them again!
Finally, since I'm really on the move now, Mommy and Daddy decided it's time for a pair of walking shoes!
NEW YEAR = NEW SHOES!
I hope 2011 was great for you, but I wish you an even better 2012! May you and your family and friends have a year of health, happiness, and goodness!
No comments:
Post a Comment