Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's a world of laughter, a world of tears...


it's a world of hopes, it's a world of fear
there's so much that we share
that it's time we're aware
it's a small world after all.....


Yup, you guessed it...I went to Disney World!  Listen, I know it's been over a month since my last post, but I've been a busy little man.  I went to Disney World with Bauby M and Zaide Shelly, Bubby and Zaide, Auntie Rachel, Uncle Ari, Cousin Laila, Auntie Shana, and Uncle Brian!  Not to mention some of Auntie Rachel's family, too!  Needless to say...we've collaborated on our pictures from the trip (yes, we also did Universal, too)!  It was SO much fun to celebrate my cousin Laila's 2nd birthday all together.  Here's an abridged version of our trip:

The night we arrived I had one final bath with my LONG hair.

Daddy made an appointment at the Disney Barber Shop for my very first hair cut!

Auntie Rachel and Laila peered through the "window" of the HUGE bathroom in our hotel room!

After I was prepared for bed, Mommy's former students, Christina, and her husband came and babysat for Laila and Me, while all of the adults went out for an amazing dinner at The Table.  Here I'm spending time with Marco before he joins my parents for dinner.

Thanks Shana and Bri for setting up such an amazing meal...
It was good to the last drop!
The next day we headed to Disney's Magic Kingdom:
All aboard the tram to the entrance of the park!

I really liked the wind blowing through my curls!

We may have had to fill two different trams to get there...but we made it all together again!
First things first....ride over to Disney on the Ferry and then get my first haircut!
Front row seats on the Ferry!

Zaide made sure I was locked in on the boat ride over. He told me all about the wonderful things I was about to see...he also tried to encourage me NOT to give up my hair!

First things first....haircut time! 

The first thing the barber did was stick Mickey stickers all over me, so I could play while he cut.
 

Michel, from Chicago (with a matching ring like Zaide's) cut my hair -- check out all of the curls in his hands.


Before I knew it, we were old chums (check out all of the hair behind me)!
I couldn't have done it without my posse....you and you and you...

When I was through, I received my own pair of "ears" -- on the back it says "First Haircut"

Now that's a good lookin' kid!

First haircut accomplished!

Now, it's time for some FUN!
Welcome to the Happiest Place on Earth!



Oh, look at that!  SO many things to see at Disney!

First ride = It's A Small World!
Here we go!

SO much to see!

I loved dancing to the song and seeing all of the decorations all over the place, er, should I say world?

Then we went to Never, Never Land
Next up, the Merry-go-round.

Even Bubby rode alongside us!

We didn't wait for the long Dumbo ride (went on a similar one with less of a line), but we all got to pose together!

Saying hi to the camera
Next up, the Tea Cups!  Daddy has been prepping me for this ride for a while now!

All aboard!  I'm ready to spin it!

LOVED this ride...even though Mommy was about to be sick!

Hahahahaahah
Sometimes you just have to nap to rejuvenate oneself for the afternoon....

Or get some Mickey Ice Cream from Bubby...either way.

Up next...the Haunted Mansion

Daddy looks frightened, but I told him not to worry.

A Beautiful Castle at the most magical place!
Ahhh, nothing like a warm bath after a long day....and a fresh haircut (LOOK, no hair in my eyes)!!!

Cuddling with Bauby before bedtime.

Even though Grandma and Papa couldn't join, we were thinking of them the whole time (especially with the awesome shirt Grandma made me -- Where did my curls go?)
Next day, next stop -- Universal.
First up, Dr. Suess World!

Entrance to a wonderful new place.
Wandering around the place before one of the shows began.
We watched one wacky, wild show!

I was asleep by now, but my cousin Laila was read a story by the Cat in the Hat!
Then, it was off to Harry Potter World!


The Zaides taking care of the bill as we ate lunch in the new Harry Potter World!

It was delicious!
Of course, we had to try the Butterbeer.  Beware, there are a few side-effects:

One
Two
Three :)
After we rested, it was time for more fun:

I am such a Cubbies fan, I tried stealing Zaide's hat!
That night we headed back to the hotel and celebrated an early birthday party for Laila:
Happy 2nd Birthday, Birthday Girl!

It was SO much fun!

The next day we headed to Downtown Disney for some shopping, celebrating, and fun:

Lego Land

Posing with the characters....

...and the ultimate Character, Zaide!

honk, honk the nose!

Don't I do a mean impersonation of the bear?!

Zaide taught me all about bees (NOT, "the birds and the bees" -- whatever that means).

Celebrating Laila's birthday sure was delicious!

Bubby even got us character cookies to enjoy later!

Then we had one last bedtime story before going to bed and heading home early the next morning.




After our Disney Adventure, we headed back to south Florida to prepare for the 25 friends and family we were hosting for Thanksgiving!
First, I helped Mom do some gardening (Don't I make these look good?)

Then I helped her clean up my toys.

Then I showed Uncle Brian how to eat a good meal.

And Auntie Shana showed me how to eat a good meal.

Then I hammed it up!

Tada!  Can I clean up well or what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment