So, traveling to Washington DC is not my forte. Last August I was supposed to go up there to help Great Grandma Mildred celebrate her 92nd birthday! But, a hurricane decided to miss Florida and head up there instead. Naturally, when we rescheduled the flight, we decided to make it early enough, so it won't be so frigid. We barely made the flight...but once we got there, it was
cold! Of course, my luck, it turned into a cold/freezing rain on Saturday, which eventually led to a snow covering over night! I wasn't really dressed for snow, so I didn't venture out into the cold, cold air too much. When it was sleeting, I couldn't keep my eyes open because the rain just kept pouring into my eyes! But, aside from the not-so-great weather, the trip was
amazing! I had the great opportunity to meet a lot of my wonderful cousins!
Friday night we all went out to dinner (Papa, Grandma, Mommy, Daddy, Great Aunt Karen, Great Uncle Lester, Uncle Alex, Liz, and I).
 |
| Liz, Uncle Alex, and me! |
 |
| A little appetizer before the entree? |
 |
| Playing with the fountain at the restaurant...oh, Aunt Karen, you're so fun! |
|
|
|
|
 |
| Yummy food! |
Then, my Mom and Dad got to "sleepover" at Aaron's and Eric's place, while I got to sleepover at Grandma Mildred's...with Grandma and Papa!!! We all met up the following morning for a great breakfast. Unfortunately, I didn't get
any updated pictures with my Godfathers (I could've sworn I did, but I guess I didn't). :(
After a good nap, we headed over to MD for some cousin time at the Sorensen's!
 |
| Cousin Morten was awesome! |
 |
| He would take me around and teach me all about lights and fans (two of my favorite topics of conversation). |
 |
| Then, I played with David's and Jacob's stuffed monkey -- "Ahh Ahh" |
 |
| Finally, I got a peek of my first snow fall! |
|
|
|
Just before the big belated birthday celebration began, Dean and his daughter Lydia were able to come for a quick visit. It was my first time meeting her, and we were instant friends:
 |
| At first a little timid.... |
 |
| I flashed her my natural charm.... |
 |
| and the rest was history! |
 |
| We played! |
 |
| We bonded! |
 |
| We miss being so close to you!!! |
Soon after meeting my new friend, Lydia, we got to have a birthday party!!! We celebrated Grandma Mildred's birthday! My cousin, Rachel made these amazing cupcakes (she is raising money for the Ronald McDonald Foundation with these awesome treats):
 |
| Monsters & |
 |
| Aliens! |
 |
| Finally got to meet Cousin Andrea. |
 |
| Cookie time with Papa! |
 |
| Who's the center of attention? It's me! |
 |
| Some more party-goers. |
 |
| Bath-time with Cousin Lisa (she hasn't lost her touch)! |
 |
| Trying to squirm away from my cousins during changing time... |
 |
| But my tickly-feet didn't make it away! |
 |
| Love at first site. |
 |
| I saw a "ball" on my Cousin Jaden's shirt. |
 |
| Cuddle time! |
 |
So, I went right up to it and kept grabbing and walking...as he was walking backwards, I would step forward. It was really pretty funny!
|
 |
| Getting in the mood for Halloween (see next post). |
The next few shots were taken by my Cousin Jaden (I think he's got a natural eye):
 |
| Beautiful self portrait. |
 |
| When he wasn't too busy, he snapped a few shots of some "others" that were around, too. |
 |
| But self-shots are waaaay more fun! |
Jaden is a cutie and he definitely knows how to put on a show:
The next morning, we woke up early and spent a little time with the Sorensens before heading over to the Marshall's house:
 |
| Jacob (who is now taller than my Mommy) taught me how to play a video game! |
 |
| I was amazed by it...can you tell? |
Then, it was off to the Marshall's home:
 |
| Eric, Me, and Lori (her name is my Mom's too...) |
 |
| Abby spent great time with me before running off to a friend's birthday party. She was SO much fun! |
 |
| I was one lucky guy to spend time with all of the Marshall girls! |
 |
| Surrounded by loving Orli, Abby, and Leah. |
 |
| I also spent time telling Grandma Mildred about everything I could think of! |
 |
| Quality time with "the guys." |
 |
| Floor time with Great Uncle Sam. |
 |
| Showing off my "cruising" skills. |
Then, with a little bit of time to spare, we headed back to the Sorensens.
 |
| Love me some twins! |
 |
| Sitting tall with David and Jacob. |
 |
| This weekend wore me out! In fact, the next morning...I slept until 9! |
No comments:
Post a Comment