Well, it's been quite a hectic week. Last week, I spent much time at Temple during Yom Kippur, and then was able to "break the fast" at the Wilen's house. It was great! But, because my real birthday fell on the start of Yom Kippur, my parents decided to postpone my birthday party to the following weekend. (Don't worry, I'll catch you up on the events of the past week and my first birthday celebration!)
I hear raisin challah helps to welcome a sweet new year -- I'll take a bite of that!
Look what I found!
While my parents went to services...I got to spend time with Nicole, my babysitter!
Cuddling with the only dog my Daddy will let me take home.
The next morning...I prepared myself for Tot Shabbat/Yom Kippur services!
I like to read and learn my A, B, C's.
But, sometimes one good book just isn't enough!
After services, we went to the Wilen's to break the fast! The three things I liked the most:
The little golf-man on Barry's shirt....
The apricot kugel....
And the drum that was as big as I.
Now that I'm one, I don't have any restrictions on my diet....so Strawberry's here I come!
They were good...but, then again, I like all fruit!
I got lots of fun toys (some classics...and some really neat new ones, too):
working
the
rings!
I love to turn on the music on my little player and tap along on the xylophone!
I also like to "walk" my blue doggie.
But, sometimes I just want to be the one who gets taken on the walk!
Friday night I went to tot Shabbat with Mommy and then met up with Daddy, Grandma, and Papa for dinner!
Here I am telling my Mommy about the "Dug-e" we're playing with.
Happy to be with Papa and Grandma.
I love drinking out of straws!
After dinner, we came home and I read Pat the Bunny, while wearing my bunny hat brought to me from one of my Mom's Chinese students.
The next morning, I woke up...and Uncle Brian and Aunt Shana were here!!!
Male-bonding time.
Daddy tickle time! Aaaaahahahaha.
A, B, Cubbies!
I missed the smile memo...or they missed the deer in headlights memo...which one do YOU think?
Previously in the week, I went with Mommy to watch her school's Varsity Volleyball team win their game and celebrate Senior night. One of the girls gave me her balloon!
It was really far up there...
...but I got it down!
I later bombarded the guest bedroom and found my old bounce toy!
Then I serenaded Auntie Shana with the Guitar.
Reunited, and it feels so good!
Then, the moment I've been waiting for (without knowing I was really waiting for it) .... MY 1st BIRTHDAY PARTY!
Guests began to arrive.
Good conversations were had by all.
Pizza was eaten.
Family was around.
Cousins schmoozed.
Salad was munched.
Glicks were around.
and I got MORE balloons!
Then, the sweetest of all things happened. I got to eat my first piece of birthday cake!
OH the sweetness!
Gotcha Bub!
Digging right in!
Wouldn't be complete without a scoop of ice-cream!
After my cake...I needed a bath:
Then I took a quick nap (Bubby and Grandma couldn't wait any longer to open presents...so they came in and woke me up). Look at some of the great gifts I received:
First, the boys played with my jungle set.
Then, I played with my standing play-station.
Inside my tent, there was a Giraffe!
But, after all was said and done...I snuggled with Zaide and a fresh bottle of milk.
The next morning, I showed off my toys once again.
Showing my uncle how to keep a beat is not easy.
But, cuddling with him is!
Gee! Isn't he the greatest?
Still loving my balloon!
Pouty face with Dad.
Heheehe.
Playing peek-a-boo with Auntie Shana.
And finally relaxing with a good bottle to end off a great birthday weekend.
I love how he explored the texture of the cake! So cute! And he knew JUST what to do with it! :) Thanks for sharing - wish we could have been there!!
ReplyDelete