How did it happen...again?! It feels like I've just posted, but now nearly 3 weeks have gone by! There's SO much to learn, do, play, discover...the time just flies by.
Since my last post, Mommy and Daddy's friends Lauren and Ben Kaplan got married. I couldn't attend the wedding, but I sure got to boogie to some great Cuban Guitar music during an awesome celebratory BBQ:
 |
| Us with the newlyweds! |
 |
Well, another one bites the dust! At least I'll remain a bachelor for a good while longer.
Congrats, Ben, you look SUPER happy!!! |
In the past couple of weeks, I've begun my swim lessons! The nice swim instructor, Kim, tells me I'm such a good baby! During the first lesson she was being so careful. My parents asked her if she'll "dunk" me this lesson. She said she doesn't do that on the first lesson. They told her I've been "dunked" plenty of times. So, she did! Now that I'm on to my fourth lesson, I can go allllllll the way under, and it's no big deal. I just hold my breath and wait to come up again! I also love to float, splash, and kick kick kick!
 |
Before my lessons, Daddy got me this special float.
I get to play in the pool and stay out of the sun!
If only I could find one like this for him! |
 |
| Psyching myself up for my first swim lesson! |
 |
| Learning to float. |
 |
| Getting comfortable on my tummy. |
 |
| Time for a dunk. This is nothing now...now I go ALLLLLLLL the way under! |
 |
| Survival of my first swim lesson. Phew! |
Besides swimming, I had another visit from my Godfathers, Aaron and Eric, and their Doggie, Pequod. I truly love dogs. One day, I hope my Daddy will buy one for me!!!
Did I mention one of the reasons "the guys" were in town is because Aaron and my Mommy share the same birthday?! We celebrated alllllll weekend. We went to a Marlins game on Friday night (well, it was past my bedtime, so I didn't go), we went to the beach, did some grilling, and spent time with family, too. It was great!
 |
| Eric and I cuddling on the couch! |
 |
| Me with the Birthday Boy! |
 |
| A happy celebration was had by all. |
 |
| Well, Pequod and I may not have loved the hats....but, Mom and Aaron sure did! |
And just when we thought our out of town guests were all gone...Jamie popped in to see me, again! I LOVE my cousin. She's awesome!
 |
| I tried to squeeze into my "iPood" onesie that my Samson cousins got me, but it just wouldn't fit anymore. |
I've now gone to the beach a couple of times. I really like playing with my beach toys, eating the sand, and splashing in the Atlantic! Daddy enjoys sunbathing with me, too!
 |
And, now that summer has arrived, I've even been invited to my first pool party! Thanks Liz and Matt!!!
|
June is full of birthday celebrations. Most recently, we got to celebrate my Daddy's Dad's birthday. I love my Poppa and was SO excited to have "breakfast for dinner" with Poppa and Grandma!
 |
| HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Poppa!!! |
 |
| Having a very serious birthday talk. |
 |
| Setting up my eating area. |
 |
| Ready to chow-down! |
 |
| I tried reading Poppa his birthday card.... |
 |
| ...but, I got all chocked up on the words. |
In sadder news....the Heat lost. I was busy cheering for them, but it must've been bad luck when I went to bed, because when I woke up in the morning, the Mavs had won. Congrats to my Dallas family...especially you, Austin!
I've been eating SO many different fruits, vegetables, and even some chicken (little pieces I can gum...since I'm 8 months old, but don't have any teeth). Anyway, here's some "avocado" shots:
 |
| For Mother's Day, my Daddy bought mom a tomato plant.... |
 |
| ...check out our first tomato!!! |
I finally got to meet my Daddy's college roommate, Joel. He's pretty cool. He was so interested in me. He said I was like a real person! I crawl around (military-style, just for him)! I have conversations. And, most importantly, I eat!
 |
Joel wanted a shot with me, "D-money."
Hey, Joel, is it more like a Ke$ha, thing? Should I be writing it as D-$$$? :) |
 |
| Not bad, for the first time holding a baby, right? |
 |
| Joel loved my party hat sooooooooo much! |
And, of course, I've been spending time with Bubby and Zaide, too! This was just yesterday! You can see how curly my hair has grown. Daddy wants me to start using "product" in my hair. But I like it al-natural.
 |
| Two curly heads! |
 |
| Bum, bum, butz...with Bub, Bub, Bubby! |
 |
| That Zaide, always making me smile! |
No comments:
Post a Comment