A lot has happened since my last post. True, I'm still in my routine of swim lessons and hanging out with Mommy while she's on her summer break. But, before Mom was out of work, my friend Phil, and my Grandma took me to a swim lesson. Phil shot nearly 300 pictures of my lesson before he ran out of space on his memory card! Here's a few shots from that day (thanks, Phil):
![]() |
| Waiting for my lesson to begin. |
![]() |
| Going through the motions... |
![]() |
| Floating and grabbing for some shade (it's a scorcher out there)! |
![]() |
| I LOVE pool time! |
I've also begun my Mommy and Me classes. Each session I get to go to a water playground, sing songs, play with friends, and eat a snack while listening to a story. I had such a great time during the first week, that I wore myself out. My Mommy didn't even make it out of the parking lot before I fell asleep!
![]() |
| Here I am with my new friend Madison. |
![]() |
We love talking to each other and sharing toys.
All of the kids in my playgroup are a couple of months older than I,
but I seem to keep up with them just fine! |
I think I made my Daddy's first Father's Day a memorable one. I gave him a poem with my footprints (which I made at Mommy and Me), and then I also gave him an iPod nano with a watchband connection (so he could listen to music, FM or mp3 anytime/anywhere -- and also know what time it is)! Well, at least he likes the nano part. I even engraved it with, "Dad, you ROCK!" Which is the truth. He rocks! He plays with me and reads me great books and tickles me and lets me splash him during bathtime! My Daddy has taught me soooo many things. In fact, he shared with me that there is a whole world outside to discover:
![]() |
| Look, new stuff...outside? |
![]() |
| Huh, I wonder what is going on out there? |
![]() |
| Let's check it out...pah-lease?! |
At this stage in my life, I really
love feeling all of the different textures objects have. So, naturally, when my parents were having spaghetti with meat sauce, they let me try out the pasta:
![]() |
| It was really fun to play with....and eat, too! |
My Auntie Karen made me this great outfit! Unfortunately, now that it fits me...it's summertime. So, I don't wear it out in the heat, but I do cuddle in it at home in the cool a/c.
![]() |
The Samsons also got me my first personalized plate.
I know they're anxious to meet me, but I won't be able to drive for a while yet. Sorry! |
My Mommy and Daddy decided they've been members of their temple for about a year now, and they've only gone to shul for the High Holy Days. So, guess what we did Friday night?!
![]() |
| Shabbat Shalom everybody! |
I did really well during my first service. There was all sorts of singing and everyone was really excited to have me at the service. I hope to try that out, again, real soon!
This past weekend I got to spend a lot of time visiting with Poppa. In fact, we all went to the park together!
![]() |
| I love visiting Poppa. He's the greatest! |
![]() |
| Look Mom, I tamed the dinosaur! |
![]() |
| Going down the slide...it's no big deal. |
![]() |
| But it's definitely more fun to do with someone else! |
![]() |
I still love swinging. This time, I nearly fell asleep it was so comforting!
I also really enjoyed watching the other kids playing near me. |
To close out Daddy's Day...I helped him do a few push-ups:
![]() |
| Come on, Dad...give me one more good one! |
My Mommy was also able to visit with a couple of friends she's known since elementary school!
![]() |
| Mommy and Jamie have known each other since hebrew school, and went to the same middle and high school...and even college (GO GATORS)! It's been a while since they've seen each other. It was such a great visit! |
![]() |
My Mom's friend, Alexis, had her second child, Rachel, a few months before I arrived.
Here's our imitation of a deer caught in the headlights. |
![]() |
| Having full conversations with one another. |
![]() |
| She's too funny! |
![]() |
| Lay one on me, baby! |
I also tried a little bit of a popsicle. Yummy, grape!
![]() |
| Brrrrr, brain freeze! |
I'm also still working my way through all of these great new foods. Just yesterday, I tried corn! Delicious!!!
![]() |
| If only I had teeth, I could enjoy it on the cob! |
I also enjoyed swimming in Bubby and Zaide's pool:
![]() |
| I give this pool a thumb's up! |
![]() |
| Finished swimming for the day, tadah! |
![]() |
| I think my B & Z were happy for my visit! =) |
Here are a few more shots from my 2nd week in Mommy and Me. As you can see, each time, we start off in the water park. Then we go in for a little social time. It really is SO much fun.
![]() |
| Watching the water splash with my friend, Luke. |
![]() |
| Sarah and I like to crawl in the water. |
![]() |
| I met Jacob this week. Daddy went to middle school with his parents! |
![]() |
| Aren't I a socialite?! |
![]() |
| LOVED these bubbles... |
![]() |
| ...they even stuck to my hair!!! |
My Thursdays are busy. After Mommy and I me. I eat, nap, and then have a swim lesson! After my lesson yesterday, I was playing around:
![]() |
| Deck change! |
I even had a special visit from my Great Aunt Susie! We did all sorts of things together:
![]() |
| She fed me.... |
![]() |
| And played with me.... |
![]() |
| And brought me a great new book... |
![]() |
| And snuggled with me until it was time for bed! |
Oh, how I didn't want to go to sleep. All I wanted to do was play with my Aunt Susie. I hope she visits again real soon....
Can't wait for you and Laila to play together, sweet boy! Looking forward to seeing you sooooon! xo
ReplyDelete