I know it's been another couple of weeks since my last post, but I've been a busy boy! Let me think back to a couple of weeks ago...
I've been to Tot Shabbot at our own temple before, but I went to my FIRST trip to Bubby and Zaide's "Tot" service.....called....."Munchkin Minyan."
 |
| I loved listening to the "Clown Sisters" perform. |
 |
| But, I had to make sure Bubby was still around, too. |
 |
| I was asked to find the "surprise" in the box! |
 |
| I got to meet them up close. |
 |
| Dancing to the music. |
 |
| Waving my pom pom's around! |
 |
Listening very closely to the week's lesson.
|
 |
| Tickling Zaide!!!! Hehehehehe. |
 |
| Bubbles....in temple?! |
 |
| I LOVE the Cantor's voice. |
 |
| Hot dogs and tatter tots |
 |
| Deeeelicious! |
 |
| Enjoying some juice with Bubby. |
 |
| Where'd Derek go? |
 |
| Here I am! |
 |
| Gotta help Zaide with his work before going to bed. |
The next night we had Stephen and Rachel come for a visit (they're college friends of Mommy and Daddy's). They stayed with us for a quick visit, but it was a lot of fun!
 |
| Stephen read me great bed time stories! |
 |
| He even got the tongue twisters right...I was amazed. |
 |
| Of course, I had to have him read The Giving Tree. |
Of course, there's lots of time spent with Grandma and Papa, too! Not only do I have "sleepovers," but I also get to go swimming with Grandma!!!
 |
| "I was splishing and a splashing...." |
 |
| Grandma even got me a purple ball for the pool! |
 |
| I still enjoy floating. |
 |
| And when Papa came outside, I wanted to hang out with him, too! |
I really enjoy JUMPING IN!
 |
| But, all that swimming sure takes it out of me. |
Before I go on with "my firsts," let me jump back to a few random shots:
 |
| Look at the size of this avocado! WOAH! |
 |
| Still love walking in Daddy's shoes! |
Ok, now for a "first" my parents wish never happened: My first trip to the ER.
I was in the pool with Mom and Dad. Afterwards, I was crawling around in the shower, and my hands slipped out from under me and I cut my chin on the corner of the step. Papa helped steri strip me good as new....but, after an hour or so, it kept bleeding. I think we ended up at the ER mostly because nobody wanted to remove the steri strips! Unfortunately, the ER Doc made my Mom remove the strips! She also wanted to give me stitches (this was the evaluation before the strips were even removed)! We opted for Dermabond and more strips (and, now that it's a week later, the strips are off and it's healing well)!!!
 |
| Papa fixed me up...or so we thought! |
 |
| I was good as new...but then my cut opened up again :( |
 |
| So we went to the ER. |
 |
| And waited patiently. |
 |
| I was tired and just wanted my "big boy bed." |
 |
| But, there was lots of things to look at in the ER. |
 |
| The doctor gave me a new little teddy bear. |
 |
| But, she still made me cry. |
 |
| It wouldn't have been that bad...but she decided to answer a call right before treating me, but also right after she had a big nurse holding me down as I was papoosed. It took even longer...and I was NOT happy about it! |
 |
| But, she finally finished, and I was discharged to go home. |
 |
| Chin fixed, cuddly seal and blanket in hand...put me to bed! |
 |
| Gooooooood night! |
I spent the next few days, telling everyone about my boo boo and pointing at my chin. But, when asked if it hurt, I simply said, "nope!" Mommy and Daddy are
very glad this "first" is over!
All of this ER stuff happened Friday, but by Sunday I was ready to help my friend Madison celebrate her second birthday party! There was a bounce house
inside! (This was because TS Isaac was beginning to arrive outside)!
 |
| Gotta love birthday parties! |
 |
| Especially ones with Minnie Mouse! |
 |
| But, they certainly wear me out! |
Grandma has also begun working on an "Alef Bet" book to go along with my "A,B,C's" book. Of course, we needed to invite Seth and Shlomit over to help with the Hebrew. Since Shlomit is due two weeks before Mommy, we
had to take a picture of their growing bellies!
 |
| Third Trimester! Week 27 |
 |
| These two boys will certainly be good friends! |
So, within a weekend of my ER visit, it was time for my (and Mommy's) first day of school! Actually, because of Hurricane Isaac my first day was cancelled, so I had a little bit more healing time. But, then it was off to school:
 |
| Cherry helped me to my first day (I think my backpack weighed more than I)! |
 |
| But, I handled it like a champ! |
 |
| And, didn't look back. |
 |
| How could I not like school...they have trucks and cars all over the place!! |
 |
| And circle time, too! |
 |
| I got to drive my new classmates around in a firetruck... |
 |
| Introduce an alligator to everyone.... |
 |
| ...and even play the cymbals!!! |
 |
| Check out the new band! |
All in all, it's been a
memorable last couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment