I know it's been a while since my last post, but I've been a busy boy! There were friends and family involved...and then the Olympics began!
Speaking of Olympics, as an honorary part of "The Gator Nation," I would like to celebrate this:
 |
| If the "Gator Nation" were recognized as a real country by the Olympic Committee, it would have placed 11th in this year's Games! Isn't that impressive?! |
Now to back track a little bit...
I am still enjoying my swim lessons. I can "kick, kick, kick" for quite a distance, I enjoy floating on my back (with my hands behind my head, of course), and I love "jumping" into the water!
 |
| I always practice my kick with this barbell. |
After a lot of family/friend time throughout the summer, we continued the theme with a small road trip. Mommy's great friend, Jenifer, got married at the end of July and it was Uncle Brian's birthday...so, Bubby, Zaide, Mommy and Daddy grabbed me and headed North (to central and northern FL that is).
The wedding was in Gainesville, but we stayed in Orlando. I spent lots of time with Aunt Shana, Uncle Brian, Harley, and Bailey.
 |
| Harley, whatchya lookin' at? |
 |
| Bailey catch this ball! |
 |
| Yeah, this one! |
 |
| Ok, I'll settle for an Eskimo kiss. |
But, my stay didn't consist of just playing with the doggies. Auntie Shana and Uncle Brian had a great, newly renovated backyard!
 |
| I helped keep it clean. |
 |
| And, showed the pups where the patio was! |
But inside Aunt Shana and Uncle Brian's house was fun too:
 |
| I climbed all over Aunt Shana and Uncle Brian's bed. |
 |
| Which made me hungry....so we met up with Mom and Dad's College Friends! |
 |
| Then came back for a bubble bath. |
 |
| And fun with the pups! |
The next day, I decided to show the doggies how to use their new doggie-door:
 |
| As you can see Harley paid attention, but Bailey...not so much. |
Later that day, we all went for lunch at Jason's Deli (I love this restaurant because I always get an ice cream cone at the end)!
 |
| I heart ice-cream! |
 |
| Even the gooey mess at the end! |
 |
| Bub helps me get every drop! |
 |
| Scrumptious! |
 |
| And Uncle Brian was happy I didn't get any on him! |
 |
| He's still happy....even if it's his last year in his 20's! |
The next day was time for more celebrations! Congrats Jenifer and Raymond Fortenberry!!!
 |
| Friends since Pre-school! |
 |
| Reminiscing about old times... |
Mommy, Daddy, Bubby, and Zaide then headed back down to Orlando to relieve Aunt Shana and Uncle Brian from the day alone with me!
 |
| Playing with Harley. |
 |
| Loving the story Auntie Shana is reading to me. |
That brings us to August....and back to our theme of "all good things..."
Well, my parents tell me I'm getting big, so they decided I should start sleeping in a Big Boy Bed. I went to sleep in it one night...and I haven't looked back! I love my big boy bed! I show it off to everyone:
 |
| My "sleepwear" pose. |
 |
| Daddy reads me a story to make me comfortable in my new bed. |
 |
| I've got my seal and my blanket...ok, I can do this! |
 |
| Not even a problem! Good night! |
 |
| The next morning, I called and waited for someone to get me. |
 |
| The moon may be gone, but it's almost a full moon in my room! :) |
 |
| Don't worry, I went back for my seal. |
The next day, I was able to meet one of Mommy's dear friends from High School, Seeta!
She got me two books that I am now totally obsessed with: a compilation of eight different Curious George books, and The Giving Tree. I really enjoy reading them each day! Thanks, Seeta!!!
Next on the "nearing the end of summer, but the beginning of school is just around the corner" list: A much needed hair cut!
 |
| First I chose the fire engine to sit at, but then I saw this great car! Who cares if it's pink?! |
After my haircut, I was able to hang out with Mom's friend Carmen!
 |
| We made each other laugh, and had a great time! |
By the way, did I mention I have two molars that popped through? My mouth was a little sore, can you tell?
 |
| It's okay, Mommy is there to comfort me! |
One of the great parts about summer...lounging around:
 |
| Guess Daddy beat me to sleep! |
Throughout the summer, the staff at Daddy's office kept saying they wanted me to come in....so, I made an appearance (you know, just to make sure all is well in the office):
 |
| Uh huh... |
 |
| Yup, this foot pedal is working fine....carry on! |
Then, it was off to lunch (yes, I enjoy eating...a lot), with another friend of Mommy's, Heidi:
 |
| We had lots of fun together, counting and stacking things on the table! |
Here are some of my "goofing around the house" shots:
 |
| "They're Grrrrrrrrreat?" Whoops. |
Auntie Shana and Uncle Brian just couldn't get enough of me...so they came back for another visit! (It was really Uncle Brian's 10-year HS reunion -- but I didn't care because I got to see Harley and Bailey again)!
 |
| Look Dad, I can handle taking the dog for a walk...can we have one NOW?! |
 |
| Bubble Diaper! |
 |
| Like my 'stache? |
 |
| Now, who's the goofy one?! |
 |
| Who is hiding from whom? |
Okay, time for my bedtime routine (post-bath, of course):
 |
| Bottle |
 |
| Books |
 |
| Harley was glad to see me preparing for bed...it meant rest for him! |
 |
| Sleeping in Uncle Brian's bed! |
Since Daddy headed to California for cousin Carly's wedding (Mazel Tov!) and Uncle Brian, Aunt Shana, and the Pups were in, Mommy and I slept at Bubby and Zaide's!
 |
| Uncle Brian shared his apple with me (but Bailey thought it was for him, too)! |
 |
| Here I am showing Sharon all of the different types of cheese. |
 |
| Obviously, nothing goes better with cheese, than a nice cold bottle of milk! |
 |
| Right, Bub? |
The next morning, we Skyped with Uncle Ari and Cousin Laila (Aunt Rachel and Adaya were on a trip):
 |
| Hi Laila! |
 |
| Giving Kisses through the computer screen! |
Okay, Daddy is on his flight home, so that means it's time to head home for me, too:
 |
| G'night! |
YAY! Daddy, Papa, and Grandma have returned:
 |
| It's good to have the big guy home! |
 |
| All aboard the Barbag Boy Express! |
 |
| "I think I can, I think I can" |
 |
| Nothing like story-time with Papa. |
Summer is coming to an end, so I have to enjoy as much outside/pool-time as possible:
 |
| Spelling my name! |
 |
| Help me, Mama! |
 |
| There we go! |
When summer end, it's "back to work" for Mommy....so I'm showing her how to look productive:
 |
| How am I doing? |
Grandma and Papa really missed me, so they had me sleep at their house two nights in a row!
 |
| I even got to sleep in Uncle Keith's bed! I can't wait for him to come and visit!!! |
Then, we headed back to Hollywood to celebrate Zaide's birthday!
 |
| Playing with Cars and Planes! |
 |
| Happy Birthday, Zaide! |
So it's official....Mom is now back to work. But, one of her friends, Dana, who spent a lot of time in London this past summer, brought back these amazing trains for me! I am completely in love with them! Thanks, Dana!!!
 |
| Chug-a chug-a |
 |
| Choo Choo!!! |
Which brings us to TODAY! I ordered my very own French Toast at dinner (I looked right at the waiter, told him what I wanted, he wrote it down, and out it came)!
 |
| It was sticky... |
 |
| ...and delicious! |
And, now, another good thing comes to an end....my little brother has completed his second trimester, and
today begins his third trimester!!!
It's been fun....but, like they say, "All good things must come to an end." Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment