Happy 60th Anniversary Bauby M and Zaidy Shelly. I knew Bubby and Zaide were throwing a big celebration for you...and I also knew Aunt Janet, Uncle David, Auntie Shana, and Uncle Brian were coming in for the celebration. But, what I knew (and you didn't), was that Auntie Rachel, Uncle Ari, and Cousins Laila and Adaya were flying in to surprise you and help you celebrate, too! (I tried fixing these
super dark pictures the best I could...but I'm an amateur):
 |
| First Zaidy saw the Many Margoli enter...and boy was he shocked! |
 |
| Then, Bauby realized who had just walked in! |
 |
| Then, the real shock and surprise set in for both of them!!! |
But, before
The Many Margoli arrived...I had to keep everyone off our track and occupied, so I showed off a bit:
 |
| I played cars with Zaide (I missed my Bubby and Zaide...they were on vacation for a loooong time)! |
 |
| I'm so glad they're back! |
 |
| I helped myself to a snack. |
Bath time and I'm talking about my soon-to-be baby brother!
 |
| I finally have a helmet so I can practice my tricycle! |
 |
| And, more importantly...I can pretty much touch the pedals! |
Off I go!
 |
| I built this block stack all by myself...of course, I knocked it down all by myself, too! |
 |
| Auntie Janet and I played together, too, of course! |
 |
| Watching Sesame Street en Espanol was neat, too! |
It was SO fun having everyone together (even if I acted jealous at times -- hey, what can I say? Sharing Bubby is
not easy)!!!
 |
| This was the first time I played with Laila. She stayed in my room and we had great sleepovers! |
 |
| But, everyone seemed to have their eyes on Baby Adaya...and why not?! What a cutie!!! |
 |
| I got some close-ups with her...she's very sweet. I still ask about her and Laila, even though they've been gone for a few days now. |
 |
| We're discussing how to share our toys. |
 |
| Love at first sight! | |
Some of the fun in having family come to visit, is when Bubby takes out all of the toys and things that she saved from when Mommy, Uncle Ari, and Uncle Brian were little.
 |
| Here's Laila in Mommy's Ballet/Tap costume...isn't she the sweetest? |
 |
| I like to "Hang Ten" before going in the pool. |
POOL TIME!
 |
| "Sunshine faces" from Uncle Ari and Cousin Laila! |
 |
| Silly Auntie Janet couldn't resist the fun and jumped in with her clothes on! |
 |
| We like hanging near the stairs.... |
 |
| ....it's a lot of fun over there! |
 |
| Uncle David and I were having a peek-a-boo session using the float. SO much fun! |
A little ring around the rosie while in the pool, anyone?
 |
| That first day all together was exhausting, but SO much fun!!! | | |
|
|
|
The next day, we all played together in our PJ's.
 |
| Tickling Adaya's feet...I couldn't resist! |
 |
| Morning story time is always fun! |
Then Mommy and Uncle Ari took Laila and me to the park:
 |
| We did typical cousin-bonding things -- like riding a dinosaur. |
 |
| Uncle Ari pulled us in the wagon there and back! |
Later on, Bauby M, Zaidy Shelly, Auntie Janet, Uncle David, Bubby, and Zaide came up to Boca...and then were later joined by Aunt Shana and Uncle Brian (sans puppies):
 |
| It's hard to stay awake in such comforting arms. |
After everyone arrived, we decided to take a dip in our pool!
 |
| Here I am with a big ladybug on my arm... |
 |
| ...I really liked it crawling and tickling me! |
 |
| All I wanted to do was "Hold, Hold" it! |
 |
| Here I am "observing" it on land. |
But, better than bugs....family!
 |
| Swimming with Auntie Shana was great! It's her birthday today! Happy Birthday, Auntie Shana!!! |
 |
| Uncle Brian was fun, too! |
 |
| Especially from way up here! |
 |
| Weeeee! |
 |
| Splashing around with Daddy. |
After our Turkey Feast (dry run for Thanksgiving?), Bubby read me some new books:
 |
| These were some good reads! |
The next day was the BIG celebratory 60th Anniversary Party:
 |
| First Daddy helped Adaya do her morning exercises... |
 |
| Then, Laila helped me to spell my name.... |
 |
| Laila then had a Star Strawberry for snack before heading down to Hollywood for the party! |
We had a lot of fun at the party....so much so, that we really don't have that many pictures...oh well!
 |
| Me and Diane. I really like her! |
 |
| My other fave...Barry! He helped me get my "feet" on! |
 |
| I also helped him with his! |
 |
| I also let Laila borrow my slippers. Then I realized, I LET LAILA BORROW MY SLIPPERS!!! (Ok, I'm new to this sharing thing)! |
 |
| Barry convinced me it was okay, and Laila was happy about it, too! |
 |
| Lila meet Laila....yay for cousins with the same name! |
 |
| It really is a blast having family around! |
After the party, dear friends stuck around and Laila and I got to sleep at Bubby and Zaide's house!
 |
| Once an educator, always an educator. Diane read me a great bedtime story. |
To me, I think the party was a HUGE success:
The following day....back at the ranch:
 |
| Daddy helped set up a great choo-choo track for us to play trains with (notice all of the children around?)! :) |
 |
| Although we had some rough times together, we really love each other and cannot wait to play together again!! |
 |
| Zaide and Adaya...cuddle time! |
 |
| Again, she falls asleep in his arms! |
Some fooling around before some trips to the airport to say farewell:
 |
| Nothing like a cold bowl of grapes on a hot summer's day! |
 |
| I kept telling Bubby to "Sit down." So, she did! Really, Bub? This is not what I meant! |
 |
| I was asked to clean-up. So I did! I even climbed into the box myself and said "Derek put away." |
 |
| Everyone was happy to enjoy time with family.... |
 |
| Even if it meant sharing Bubby and Zaide! |
 |
| But, it was exhausting, too! |
Yesterday, I must've been missing Adaya because I climbed into the bounce chair I shared with her and kept saying, "Baby Adaya?"
Last night I had one last supper with Bauby M and Zaide Shelly before
they headed back to Chicago. Grandma and Papa joined us, too!
 |
| Enjoying a "taste" of everyone's soup from dinner! It was Deeeelicious! |
Lastly, today I had my very last Mommy and Me session. That's right, I graduated!!!
 |
| The mirror was decorated with "Congratulations" for me and my classmates! |
 |
| We got to decorate our own cookies...and eat them, too! |
 |
| Mmmmmmmmmm, sugary goodness! |
 |
| Even Grandma surprised me and showed for the celebrations! Of course, she also helped me with a celebratory sundae! You think they had enough sugary sweets for us at 9:30 in the morning?! :) Hey, it's not everyday one graduates from Mommy and Me! |
We had music time (and there were A LOT of guests in the room helping us celebrate)!
 |
| Singing with Miss Karen. |
 |
| We sang the fire truck song! |
Then, Miss Nancy, the
school director, came in to welcome us!
She even gave me my very first diploma!
 |
| They all cheered for me! |
 |
| My very first Diploma...you have to work hard for these, ya know. They don't just hand these out to anyone! |
Before leaving, we had one more snack time/reading books session:
 |
| In case the ice cream and cookies weren't enough....we had cupcakes and graham crackers to boot! |
 |
| But, I really love the stories! |
 |
| I was answering all of the questions! Even one of the other Mommies told my Mommy we "cheated" and we must have those books at home....but we don't! I just payed careful attention to Miss Karen's readings! |
All in all, this summer has been filled with celebrations! Including the birth of my very latest cousin, Sasha Olivia born yesterday at 3:58am. 6lbs 4 oz 20 inches. Congratulations to Mommy Micha, Daddy Randy, and Big Brother Noah!!
May your summer's be filled with great celebrations, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment