Friday, July 13, 2012

Family Fun

Summertime....the perfect time to catch up with family and friends from all over the place!

Since my last post, the Marshall Family came for a visit.  Lori, the original Lori Barbag, along with her husband Eric, and their kids: Eli, Abby, Orli, and Leah all stayed for a few days...and boy did we have fun!

Getting some "work" done before the company arrives.


Like father, like son!


I love snuggling!

My favorite...BUBBLE baths!
But I still love story time with Papa.
 But, summertime is really about playing outside and cooling off in the water! (And having Daddy and Mommy fish out a snake from our pool...yes, twice, a day apart...UGH!)

LOVE pool time!

Especially with Daddy tossing me around!
 Finally, the Marshall's arrive:
Meeting all the girlies!

Aunt Susie helped me open my gift from the Marshalls.

Calm down ladies...there's enough of me to go around!

The Gals are teaching me how to cut the fruit and prepare it on my new dish set!

All but Abby (she was busy entertaining me)!

On our way to see fireworks!

Zonked out and ready for bed!


I really loved my time with Abby!

She played hide-and-seek with me!
 The next day, we spent the entire day in the pool:


I took a nap in the middle, but still wanted to join in the fun right afterwards!

Sometimes, I just need my space, ladies!

What can I say?  They wore me out!!!

"Preparing" a snack with Leah.
 Of course, what trip wouldn't be complete without dessert at Aunt Susie and Roberto's?!

A little tickle session!
 The day after we went to Lion Country Safari!  It was SO neat.  We drove through acres of land with all sorts of animals (and I even got to sit up front with Daddy and Mommy):


My buddy, the water buffalo.

After our tour, we had a picnic...and Eric and I switched hats for a while.

Then it was back to Grandma and Papa's for a visit with more family and dinner!!!
 It was such a long day, I spent the night at Grandma and Papa's house!

Nothing like a morning cuddle and bottle with a great cousin.

Papa's cousin (and mine too), Marvin, has been making these awesome comparisons between the old generation Barbags and the new:
The top left is Lorraine (Papa Harvey's Mom) and cousin Leah.  On the right is Manny (Papa Harvey's Dad), my Dad, and Papa!  And, on the bottom left is my Great Uncle Sam (Papa Harvey's brother) and ME!  Isn't this so neat and a great idea!  Keep 'em coming, Marv!


One last shot before they leave!

Ok, maybe one more :)
 Then, it was back to normal, whatever that is.  I had camp and swimming. 
Creating a choo choo train out of the remote controls before swim lessons.
 The next summer adventure....Mommy nearly burned down our house trying to make the "dinosaur chicken" I requested (let's just say quick heat buttons on microwaves should not be available to pregnant women).  But, all is well, and I got to go out for chicken fingers (and meet up with my friend Stacey -- she also works with Mom):

 Of course, I still spend plenty of time (and meals) with my Grandparents.  And, as always, Grandma spoils me with dessert:
Enjoying Ice Cream (like Grandma's new summer 'do?)

What else is going on?

Oh yes!  So many things are changing as I grow:
  • I got my first molar tooth
  • I pooped in a potty
  • My feet are growing
So, back to #2 (literally)...This past Tuesday, while Daddy was working and Mommy was helping Grandma, I spent the day with Cherry.  She noticed I had to poop and asked if I wanted to use the potty.  We made a run for it, and I did it!  I made my first poopie in a potty!  She was so proud of me, she saved it until Mommy and Daddy got home (TMI?) - don't worry, we won't share a picture of it either!

Nope, I didn't make a number 1...

I made a #2!!!




















Even if I don't "make" each time...I still like sitting on the potty and using toilet paper and "flushing."

 Another way I'm growing is in my feet.  Yup, you've got it...it's time to get out of my first pair of walking shoes and move on to the next fit (so Mommy, Daddy, and I went shopping -- at a lot of stores):

Here, as we were deciding between two different pairs, all I cared about was the pink car!

Then we moved on to a different store, with different distractions!

Finally, I got a pair from this store...but it wasn't the green or the yellow pair featured here!
 One last thing:  In a previous post I told you I was going to be a Big Brother.  Well, Mommy is officially 21 weeks pregnant (more than half way there) -- and we now know, I will be a Big Brother to a BABY BOY!!!)

 

 Today, I had a playdate with my first friend from my original Mommy and Me class, Madison!  I haven't seen her for a while because she's no longer at my school, but I hear she'll be returning soon and I can't wait!  

This was the first time we met.  We instantly hit it off!  We "babbled" and played together.
The sign of a great friendship is when you haven't seen each other for a long time, but you play and get along as if a day apart has never happened...and that's exactly how today went:

We played for hours and had such a great time (check out the new shoes my Daddy found for me)!

Madison shared her toys.



We "talked" instead of the old "babbling" from before.

Good times were had by all.

We even got to play with huge balls!


She even fed me some fruit!

Jack (Madi's big brother), me, and Madison enjoying some fresh fruit!

All of this running around, certainly has me tired out (I took a 3 hour nap today)!  But, I cannot wait until next week, when even more family comes for a visit as we celebrate my Great Bauby Marcia and Great Zaidy Shelly's 60th wedding anniversary!!!
After all of that, I was pooped!

No comments:

Post a Comment