Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Getting Old!

Just because my Mommy turns the big 3-0 today, doesn't mean I'm getting older, too....or does it?!

Check out all of the "big boy" activities I've been up to lately (including my not-so-little-guy new hairdo)!
Check out the Purple Banana I tried from our home garden (or, as Mom and Dad like to call it...eggplant)!
I'm not the only one that got to taste a piece of the fresh garden goodness!
(Special shoutout to my Uncle Alex for planting the garden...come home and visit so you can enjoy the fruits -- and vegetables -- of your labors)!

Cherry and I prepare for some "outside" time.  I love being outside, and I especially love Nanny "Che Che."
After time outside, there's nothing better than a dip in the pool.  That's why I've continued my swim lessons!



Of course, after all of that swimming, I like to spend some "down time" in my bedroom:

I'm very curious,
Goofy,


















and Silly...
when I play in my room!























Here are some still shots from this great new hair-cuttery Mommy and Daddy found near our house!

Before


During
This is cold and wet...not sure I'm liking it!



















Oh wait, what's that?!  Nemo on TV?!
And, a car!  This isn't so bad!


















Lastly, some "product!"
They said I was SO good, they gave me an icy AND a balloon!























Naturally, after getting my hair done...I had to do something "manly" and make a trip to a hardware store:
Telling Daddy which hook is best for his needs.

After a great haircut, I had to see Papa to show his my new 'do.
I was tired...

But he always knows just what to say to make me laugh!

Naturally, I had to shop for a "Boca Appropriate" old-man hat!
I was proud to honor all of our fallen soldiers during Memorial Day:

I'm proud to be an American, 
where at least I know I'm free!





















I also LOVE hanging out at Grandma and Papa's house:
I get to watch Elmo on a computer...

Try out all of the teddy bears and beds....

Get tickled by Grandma, Aunt Susie, and Papa...

And, help Papa do his work!
But, my most fun events of the past week were celebrating!  There are SO many birthdays this week!  Not only is it Mommy's birthday today, but it's my Cousin Matt's b-day, AND my Godfather Aaron's birthday!

So, naturally, I celebrated with homemade cake made by Annie Glick (Matt's Mommy)!  DDDDDDDDD-licious!
I also helped my friend Sophia celebrate her FIRST birthday!
Leaning in for a birthday hug!

I loved Rudy, their little doggie!

But the music-lady was especially fun (She told all of the parents she takes requests...so I shouted out "Wheels" and she played Wheels on the Bus)!  I even cheered after each song...she was great!

AND she wore me out!
But, after all of this partying (Did I mention Daddy threw a great SURPRISE birthday party for her Saturday night?!)....there's nothing quite like a nice cuddle with Zaide:

1 comment:

  1. Ok, 1st, can I just say I LOVE the Gator jamies and slippers you are sporting!! Also, what an AMAZING swimmer you are Derek!!! That was so fun to be able to watch your lesson. Wow, the Iwo Jima photo had just the right lighting behind you. You are the Bruce Springsteen of patriots. And last, but not least, I LOVE the new Do. Was it fun getting your Do Did?
    LOVE YOU and MOMMY and DADDY!!

    LOVE, GAJ

    ReplyDelete