It's official...I've finally made it to Chicago! I was able to see and meet so many family and friends...and (don't let the picture above fool you) the weather was pretty good, too (by Tuesday/Wednesday it was warm and sunny)!!! Thank you everyone for making it out to see us. Mommy and I had such a wonderful time. Hopefully, next time, Daddy can join us, too!
SATURDAY: Hanging out at B & Z, while visitors stop in.
Early 7 am flight from FLL to ORD. I did well on the 3.5 hour flight (we even lucked out and got an extra seat half way through the flight! Here I am playing with stickers (Mom says it's a nice, quiet form of entertainment).
The first thing I noticed at Bauby's and Zaide's home..."doggie!"
Of course, when visiting Chicago, there's always lots of eating necessary!
I was able to visit with my cousin, Noah, and his Mom and Dad. I sat on the Choo Choo Train, while Noah pushed it. But we were too quick for the camera!
Great Auntie Janet read us some great books!
And then I shared some reading with cousin Sammy, Uncle Schmooie, and Auntie Cheryl (Sara was there, too)! I LOVED playing with Sammy...he's so funny!
Zaide and I bonded right away.
He even played ball with me!
With all of the travel, time changes, and no napping until later in the day, I think I did pretty well!
SUNDAY: Hanging out at B & Z, while visitors stop in.
Cousin Mike stopped by...and he was NOT happy to see my Gator Chomp :)
Snuggles with Zaidles.
Do you think I'm getting tired yet?
Spending time with Auntie Edie and Cousin Robert. It was so great catching up!
Oh yeah, now I'm tired.
I LOVE Baub and Zaid.
"Baub"
Secrets, secrets are no fun...
Zaide uses some great technology...this is called the Palm 1.0
Baub and I checked out the "Many Margoli" Blog together. We learned all about my cousin Laila's Knock, Knock jokes...and now I keep saying, "knock, knock."
Even Auntie Janet helped me watch some things on the iPad.
I had some trouble walking "up" and "down" the Big Step. So, I took it slow and got down on all fours...much like I do at home. But, by the end of the trip I was able to handle it just fine!
Heading out into the cold (it snowed over the weekend...but it wasn't too bad).
My first winter jacket...don't I make it look good?
Auntie Janet showed me the snow!
So many cute things to play with...thanks, Schatz family, for the amazing dinner and night of fun!
I LOVE "Mur-de"!!!!!! (Marty) I have repeated Marty's name every day since I met him. He was SO much fun and I hope he'll come visit me at my house, so I can share all of my toys with him! I'm sitting on a stool that's perfect for my height. I'm sure when Marty made it in 8th grade, he had me in mind! :)
Through the Marty Tunnel!
Up the Stairs with Marty!
Cookie time for the cookie monsters.
Playing with Barry and the "ribbit, ribbit."
Thanks for the fun, Marty...until next time!
The hostess with the most-est.
Marty saved me from taking a dive down the stairs....maybe that's why I love him so! Check me out saying his name. I ran around the house asking for Marty all night long!
Bedtime routine with Bauby
Story-time with Zaide
Bauby and I read, too!
I loved reading with my Great Grandparents!
MONDAY: Downtown to the Shedd aquarium! It was pretty cold on Monday, so we decided to aim for an indoor activity. It was also Pulaski Day, so Auntie Janet was able to join us! Yay Polish heritage!
Breakfast Bagel...yummy!
With all of the dry air, my curly hair was not very curly!
I had so much fun at the Shedd Aquarium. Unfortunately, because everything is behind glass tanks and it is fairly dark, the pictures are kind of limited. But, you'll get the idea:
I was captivated by the dolphins.
I would point at them each time they swam by!
There was a really pretty Jellyfish Exhibit
Bauby told me all about them!
I have a new Harp Seal friend
I pointed out the Gefilte Fish to Bauby (thought it might save her some time, come Pesach).
I fell asleep on the way home, and was snoring SO loudly, but my friend Harp Seal tried to keep my head up. Both he and cookie couldn't keep me from snoring...I was SO tired!
Snoring on the way home from the Shedd Aquarium.
We got home late and I had trouble napping, so I snuggled with Mama for a bit.
TUESDAY:Lunch and shopping with Mommy's Beber Camp friend, Sandi, and her new baby, Ruby Joon!
Lazy morning at B & Z's. Nothing like lounging around while on Vacay!
We were all rockin' the plaid on this beautiful day.
I love pointing at Baby Ruby. Even in the car, I would lean forward so I could stare at her!
Dipping and Eating my food
Tickles...
and kisses.
I never wear my sunglasses, but I love wearing Mommy's shades.
Group shot, before shopping!
Typical car shot.
Keep your eyes on the road.
Driving along...
Ribbit, ribbit.
A beautiful lady bug.
I loved crawling through the tunnel, too!
There was so much to do...
so much to see...
even "Mee-mo" was there!
Thanks, Sandi, for the great day....you wore me out!
WEDNESDAY:Downtown, again, for some fun at Lincoln Park Zoo. And, dinner with more cousins!!!
I was too excited for the zoo to take a nap!
This picture makes it look like it was really cold, but it wasn't that bad...just a bit windy!
Admiring the "Ah, ah" Monkeys -- oh oh ah ah!
Jody met us for fun at the zoo, too!
Dinner time! Finally got to meet Ethan and Michaela!
It was fun monkey-ing around with Ethan.
Cousin Sara came for another visit, too.
We just couldn't get enough of each other!
THURSDAY:Time to head home...
My job here is done: I think we wore them out...so, it's time to head home!
Baub, it was fun playing "telephone"...can't wait to see you (and Zaide) soon!!!
When I got home...I was ecstatic to see all of my old toys (I even had trouble falling asleep from all of the excitement). But, I took a nice, long nap...and woke up with a head full of curls....I must be back in humid South Florida.
Daddy was happy to have me home, too. Even if it meant diaper changes!
FRIDAY:Back to normal...unpacking, laundry, fun, and games.
"Helping" Mom unpack!
This post is dedicated to the memory of Uncle Lawrence. May all of the great memories help comfort our family during this hard time. We love you Uncle Lawrence!
No comments:
Post a Comment