Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Food Glorious Food!

A lot has happened since I last posted...

First off, I went to the Pediatrician for my 4 month immunizations (I was 18 weeks old at the time).  I was such a brave boy.  First they gave me this gross oral medicine.  Then, they gave me a shot in my leg.  Then another shot in my leg.  Then a shot in my other leg!  And theeeeeen, another shot in my arm!!!  At that point, my face turned bright red and my mouth was wide open, but it was a silent scream that came out.  Then my voice returned, I cried for about 30 seconds....and then slept for the majority of the rest of the day.  Glad that's over with!





Buuuuut, before all of the "trauma" occurred, Dr. Cohen told me I weighed 15 lbs 10 oz. and was 24.5 in. He decided it was time I begin to eat FOOD!!!  I ate rice cereal for the first week, and then oatmeal for the second week.  Oh, and about a week before I visited him, I found my thumb!  I've been sucking it ever since...which allows me to sleep straight through the night (I've done this for 3 weeks now)!!!

What?  I get to eat solid food now?  Hmmmm.

Bring on the FOOD!  I'm ready!!!


Rice Cereal...I dunno about this stuff.  I have a more refined palate.

Waiting patiently.  Maybe they'll bring me something more appetizing.

Ohhhhh, here it comes!

Really?  Rice cereal, again?

Check out my profile.





This stuff gets yummier by the day!




I've also been really busy playing with some new toys (some Bauby and Zaidy got for me, some Grandma and Poppa got for me, and some Bubby and Zaide got for me -- anyone else confused yet?).  I have lots of fun playing with my various toys and at various houses throughout the week:


Wearing my "Dude" hat.


Look into my eyes....


Sitting at the table with Mommy and Daddy.  They got to eat real food...all I got was this toy.



I'm still busy meeting new people, and enjoying a good old bottle.


Ronnie and I.  What a silly gal.
Grandma makes the best bottle.

I went to one of Mommy's old student's house to have a photo shoot.  Check out some of these beautiful shots:



I'm too cool for school -- it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm entirely too young for school.



 












 What else have I been up to?  Well, I've really been getting around....I went to the Coconut Grove Arts Festival (I'll have to post those pictures later -- they're in Bubby's and Zaide's camera). 

At 19 weeks old, I went to Daddy's softball game.  
Daddy's team lost, but I didn't mind.


I met my new friend Shlomit.  Her husband, Seth, plays on Daddy's team.

  

Daddy was pitching and the batter hit the ball straight back at him.  It's a good thing he has a quick reaction...or I may have never had the chance to have siblings! 
Where'd I get hit?
I was so nervous watching
Daddy get hit by that ball!

Now I'm nearly 20 weeks old, and I was able to go to my first hockey game.  It was SO neat!  I got to watch Mommy's school team win, allowing them to advance to the state tournament.  I loved hockey, but I got really scared and cried when someone blew an air horn...definitely did not like that!



I really liked watching all the movement on the ice.
Well, I think that's enough for now.  Sorry for the delay in posting...but, as you can see, I've been busy!!!

Here's hoping everyone is well.  Check back soon for some new video footage.

Bedtime!

3 comments:

  1. awwww look at those big blue eyes! And I love all those Gator bibs! Lucky guy! Lori- I love the family photos of all 3 of you! Those are so awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that sweet, happy, smiley boy!! I want to pick him up out of those pictures and give him a hug and kiss!! We need to plan a visit soon!

    ps - Hope Adam's leg is feeling better - OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG....I just smile from ear to ear when reading your blog! DEREK IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GORGEOUS!!!! WOW had he gotten alot of hair and a majorly great SMILE!!! He is toooooooooooooo cut!!!!!

    LOVE all of the photos!!! Keep them coming!!!

    OY, Adam, that was a close one! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete