That's right...I spent my first Fourth Of July holiday up in Raleigh, NC. My parents went to Sarah and Brian Small's Wedding. And, since both me and my cousin, Laila, were going to be in the same place at the same time...well, let's just say, a party was had by ALL! (My Mommy, Daddy, Bubby Linda, Zaide Michael, Bauby Marcia, Zaidy Shelly, Uncle Ari, Aunt Rachel, Cousin Laila, Uncle Brian, Aunt Shana, Great Uncle David, and Great Auntie Janet all were in town...and we celebrated Zaidy Shelly's 80th Birthday)!!!! I even got to meet my first California cousin, Roxana!!! She was awesome!
I'm sure my cousin Laila will have a post about it soon, so be sure to check out:
http://manymargoli.blogspot.com This way, I can avoid duplicating so many shots!
Anyway, my parents decided it would be easier to fly, rather than drive 12 hours with me. Even though it was only a 2 hour flight for us, we were the last to arrive! On Friday night we all went out for dinner and then attended Shabbat services lead by my Uncle Rabbi!
 |
| Me, Laila, Bauby and Zaidy deciding what we want for dinner. |
 |
| Don't we clean up well?! |
 |
| SO excited to be eating with everyone at the table! |
The last time we had family portaits taken, Laila was about 6 months old and I was in my Mom's tummy...so, Aunt Rachel set up another photo shoot. Here's some that Zaide took:
 |
| Playing around before the real pictures are taken. |
 |
| Ok, now I'm ready... |
 |
| Oh, I'm NOT supposed to make funny faces?! Fine. |
 |
| Trial shot. |
 |
| If I'm not supposed to make funny faces...why do they get to make funny faces?! |
 |
| I think we got it on this take! |
I had lots of fun playing with my Cousin Laila...and her toys. Thanks, Cuz, for sharing!
 |
| I think this was my favorite toy, by far! I really enjoy musical toys. |
 |
| My impersonation of the blue dog I'm sitting on. |
 |
| My cousin Laila has a good sense of humor...she's so silly! |
 |
| Loved playing with my Auntie Shana and Uncle Brian. |
 |
| Hanging out with my Great Zaidy!!! |
We even had time to go swimming in their pool:
 |
| Make way...here I come! |
 |
| Alright, Cali....I've only had the chance to meet Roxana so far. But, she represented you well and I can't wait to meet the rest of the family! |
 |
| What is Laila so busy doing over there?! |
 |
| Ohhhhhh, now I get it! |
 |
| Thanks for explaining, Auntie Rachel! |
As per our family's mantra, lots of food was had by all throughout the weekend:
 |
| Some wear it on their noses.... |
 |
| Others cover their faces... |
 |
| Some cheer us on as we eat.... |
 |
| And others help to do the feeding.... |
 |
| Some feed themselves....Hey, wait a minute.... |
 |
| That's my bib! Uncle Brian, he tricked me! |
Saturday Night we celebrated Zaidy's 80th birthday (well, the family did, Laila and I weren't invited):
And, we ended the weekend with an amazing 4th of July parade!
 |
| Getting ready for the big parade! |
 |
| Let's go join the circus...I mean, Parade! |
 |
| Making our way... |
 |
| Participating in my very first parade, on my very first 4th of July! |
 |
| We got to go on the Fire Truck after the parade! |
 |
| Why am I looking up? |
 |
| Yet again? |
 |
| And once more? |
 |
| Because... |
 |
| ...the firemen were demonstrating the ladder! |
 |
| Group shot! |
 |
| Drink break! |
 |
| Laila had enough energy to push me on the way home! |
 |
| It was HOT outside! |
|
 |
| Bubby and Zaide got us awesome red, white, and blue pinwheels! |
 |
| Daddy and I cooling off after the parade. |
 |
| Gotta stay hydrated! |
Then, back in Florida, we had dinner with the Cohens:
 |
| Eating with Jeremy and Stacey... |
 |
| And Ellen and Ed (in honor of Sam being in town...even though I don't have a shot with him)! |
I also had SO much fun at Mommy and Me today. We celebrated a classmate's birthday, and I sure had fun (and made a mess) during snack time!
 |
| My friend Max and I were not so happy that the swimming part of our class was rained out, but we were sure happy about waiting together until class started! |
 |
| My belly liked this food both inside and out! |
After all of this traveling (and possible teething and/or my very first cold...I sure am ready for bed) -- Thanks Poppa for snapping these two of me:
 |
| My Poppa sure can take a nice pic, no? |
 |
| Sooo, do I look any older?! |
 |
| After 9 months in this world, I may not know enough to fill my Dad's shoes....but I'm learning, one day at a time! |
i love all the pictures and the update! he's growing up so quickly!
ReplyDeleteMany Margoli approved! I'll have to post tonight!
ReplyDeleteSUCH CURLY HAIR!!! Loved the pictures. Looks like everyone had a great time together celebrating so many wonderful events. :)
ReplyDelete