Thursday, October 14, 2010

1 week old (and Derek's original due date).

So, Derek's due date was supposed to be October 14th, but, since Lori's blood pressure began to rise at the end of the pregnancy, the Doctor suggested we go in last Thursday night to soften the cervix and induce labor the following day.  However, when we got there and they hooked up all of the IVs and other fancy equipment, we were able to see that while Lori had some minor contractions, the baby's heartbeat went from the normal range (130-150) to more than half that (60).  The doctor suggested waiting a bit longer before doing anything.  During that time, the same result occurred on multiple occasions; at which point, the doctor said we must perform a c-section.  He said the umbilical chord was either wrapped around a body part or knotted.  Within 15 minutes, we were prepped and ready for surgery!  Turns out, the umbilical chord was short.  Adam blames this on Lori (since her whole family is short).  Rachel, Lori's Sister-in-law, said it was just because the Baby wanted to be closer to Mom (we're gonna go with that reasoning)!  So, it's not the way we had anticipated, but we're glad the Derek has arrived and the Mom, Dad, and Baby are all doing well (save some lack of sleep).  Tomorrow we will be celebrating the Bris of our first born son with tons of family and friends.  We apologize now for the delayed posting, but.....well, we've been busy!  Hope you enjoy these shots!


                                        
                                            First Ride - Finally Going Home!


Chillin
  

What can I say?  I'm cute.
 
Swaddled up like a Burrito





Enjoying all of my gifts from Aunt Audrey!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Mrs. Barbag!

    -Casey Feldman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy! So adorable! Mazal Tov on the bris today.

    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy! So adorable! Hope the bris didn't hurt too much!

    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My God Lori, he is so precious!!! I went from picture to picture saying, "Oh he looks JUST like Lori." "No, that's totally Adam." "Just like Lori." "Oh wait, that's carbon copy Adam." "There's Lori's eyes." "Adam's smile." By the end I was just reduced to, "Lori" "Adam" "Lori" "Adam". Mazal Tov!!! I love you.
    -Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooooooooooooooooo I wish I was there to see Derek in person!!! He's beautiful!!! Oh, I mean HANDSOME!!!....Looking forward to seeing you all and wishing you enough sleep and lots of fun.

    LOVE, AJ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. he is too cute. i LOVE that picture on the left where his eyes are open so wide.

    i also love that i made it to the blog! can't wait to meet the little man in person!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete