| Derek helps Grandma illuminate her fascinator. |
| Bubby's finished product. |
| A work in progress... |
| All lit up with no place to go. |
| Aunt Susie acts as a model for our teacher. |
During our decorating, we all began discussions of funny things Derek has said recently.
Funny things toddlers say...
Recently, while the boys were spending time with Grandma and Papa, a funny conversation ensued:
Derek: I'm Cold
Grandma: So you need a blanket to help warm you up?
Derek: No, I need a nice warm cookie.
Derek has three teachers at school and one of them speaks Hebrew, while another speaks Spanish. He has been great at picking up some of the words. Recently he began to count:
"Uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinco, arba"
He also says, "לשטוף את הידיים" (Wash your hands) when he washes his hands.
Sometimes, when Derek goes to read a book, he says, "I'm going to read it in Spanish now."
One evening, Derek tells Mommy to check his school backpack.
Derek: Mommy, I made you two drawings while I was at school. Tomorrow, when you go to your school, will you draw me something?
Mommy takes Derek to a play at her school. On the way, she explains how the actors will tell us a story and we need to listen because they have practiced and worked very hard to tell us their story.
Derek: Mommy, I know. I saw a play at school today!
Mommy: (Realizing Derek's teachers often role play to teach lessons) What was the play about?
Derek: Thanksgiving!
Mommy: Were there Pilgrims?
Derek: Yes! (Extremely amazed at the fact that Mommy knew this fact, but wasn't at the play)
Mommy: Were there Indians?
Derek: No.
Mommy: Oh. (trying to figure out what kind of one-sided story Derek was taught)
The next morning, while relaying the message to Daddy:
Mommy: Tell Daddy what Play you saw at school
Derek: I saw a play about Pilgrims!
Mommy: Were there Indians?
Derek: No.
On Josh's 1st Birthday, Derek was Shabbat Abba for his class (for the first time this year).
Bubby joined in the festivities (along with Mommy):
![]() |
| Blessing the lights. |
Imma and Abba do a little dance.
Bubby wanted to take Derek out for lunch (since last time he cried when she didn't take him home with her). This time, all he wanted to do was stay and play at his stations! Now we see why:
But, after a little bit of persuasion, Bubby treated Derek to lunch. On the way out, they ran into the Security Guard, Israel.
Israel: Hey Buddy!
Derek: Israel, I am going to have a grilled cheese for lunch. I'll have the cheese, and I'll save the bread for you! (Now if that isn't love, I don't know what is!)
At the restaurant Derek decided he would place his own order...
"I would like the grilled cheese and chocolate milk, please. And Bubby will have Macaroni & Cheese with a Coca Cola." (You should've seen the waitresses face)!
While we're discussing food....Josh had his first strawberry (since it was so close to his birthday):
This past Tot Shabbat was themed "Pajamukkah." The kids were allowed to wear their pajamas to services!
| Josh nuzzles up to his bottle while listening to the sermon. |
| Derek learns all about Sammy the Spider. |
| Gabi and Derek discuss Sammy wanting to spin Dreidels vs. Webs. |
In other news...Derek is fully potty trained! The day after his 3rd birthday, he wore big boy underwear and never looked back! He also decided, after about one week, that he no longer wanted to wear pull ups while he sleeps. So, we're done! NO MORE DIAPERS (for Derek, anyway)!!!
Lastly, we'll leave you with a great 80's hit by Fine Young Cannibals, "She drives me crazy!"
(Performances by Derek and Daddy Barbag)
Now, if only we could get him to keep his pants on! :)
|
(Performances by Derek and Daddy Barbag)









No comments:
Post a Comment